|created 2/11/2013 - 5:06 pm, updated 2/11/2013 - 5:30 pm by Chris Mangrum|
LOL! I'd like to see the semi-auto that can take out a railroad. Semi-auto grenade launcher maybe? Methinks he's been into the apple wine...
According to an article appearing on TheBlaze.com last month, Rev. Jackson believes that semi-automatic firearms must be banned because they could "shoot down planes" and therefore constitute a risk to national security.
The Blaze ran a follow-up story debunking the claim, but that didn't seem to deter Rev. Jackson, as this week he boldly declared that, in addition to shooting down planes, semi-automatic firearms could also be used to "blow up railroads."
"You know that these weapons can shoot down airplanes, they can blow up railroads. This is really a whole national security issue," Rev. Jackson said in a recent interview on Fox News. Blow up railroads? What in the world is he basing that claim on?
If Rev. Jackson is interested in the facts and wants to return this debate back to earth, he should know that semi-automatic firearms were introduced in the late 1800s, and have been popular for self-defense, hunting and target shooting ever since. Forty percent of all uses of firearms for self-defense are performed with semi-automatic handguns, and all firearms used in the annual National Rifle and Pistol Trophy Matches are semi-automatic.
Though he seems to know very little about semi-automatic firearms, we assume that we will continue to hear Rev. Jackson make outrageous claims about this issue in the future. No doubt Jackson won't be able to help himself, as he craves the spotlight to continue to push his agenda, using bizarre and truly outrageous claims.
Other stories that might interest you:
- ATF bypassing Congress with "emergency" regulation that equates to backdoor firearm registration
- Samuel L. Jackson: "The Tea Party is racist." Rep. Allen West: "Stick to your day job."
- New firearms restrictions by Executive Order
- Officials used taxpayer money to buy weapons, sell them to criminals and watch them disappear
- High speed video of pistols firing under water
- Andrew Jackson, where are you?
- 2010 Knob Creek machine gun night shoot
- A handful of myths explained
- Obama Executive Action in the works for gun control
- OK for me but not for thee; the hypocrisy is blatent